- What’s the Best Song Intro of All-Time?
- Mac Miller’s “Watching Movies With the Sound Off” Will Outsell Kanye & Cole on June 18
- The Black Hippy “U.O.E.N.O. (Remix)” is the Only “U.O.E.N.O. (Remix)” I Care About
- J. Cole’s Puts “Born Sinner” vs. Kanye West’s “Yeezus”: Stupid, or Stupid Like a Fox?
- Fails: Nicki Minaj Takes The Lap Dance To New Levels Of Awkwardness (Video)
Premiere: Gees Etortion is “Chasin” His Hip-Hop Dreams (Listen & Download)Posted by Nathan S. on 08/10/11 | Filed under Downloads, Gees Extortion
A new Brooklyn emcee that first really caught my ear with his last track "Top Spot", "Chasin" proves that Gees is a really real emcee, meaning he can simultaneously rhyme about making it big, and admit that he's still working through the struggle now. (Call it anti-swag music.) Throw in an appropriately uplifting beat from Supply & Demand and I'm feeling the man's music more than enough to keep an eye on his forthcoming debut LP, Organized Rhymes. We need more honest music like this.
"Lights, cameras, mics stages / all I want to do is be one of the greatest."
Play Gees Extortion - Chasin