- What’s the Best Song Intro of All-Time?
- Mac Miller’s “Watching Movies With the Sound Off” Will Outsell Kanye & Cole on June 18
- The Black Hippy “U.O.E.N.O. (Remix)” is the Only “U.O.E.N.O. (Remix)” I Care About
- J. Cole’s Puts “Born Sinner” vs. Kanye West’s “Yeezus”: Stupid, or Stupid Like a Fox?
- Fails: Nicki Minaj Takes The Lap Dance To New Levels Of Awkwardness (Video)
Fails: School District Put On Lockdown Because Of “Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air” Ringtone (Video)Posted by Danielle Harling on 03/04/13 | Filed under Videos, Fails
It doesn't matter what country you're from, what your taste in music is, how old or young you may be, etc., there's still a pretty good chance that you've heard the iconic theme song to the 90's sitcom "The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air" at least once. Clearly this isn't the case though since a school district in Pennsylvania was locked down all because a doctor's office employee misheard the lyrics to the song on a patients ringtone/voicemail.
Apparently, "shooting some b-ball outside of the school" sounds a lot like "shooting people outside the school." Authorities were alerted, the entire school district was put on lockdown, and the student with the ringtone was detained for three hours all because Will Smith felt the need to shoot some hoops.
I get that we live in crazy times, I do, but all of this could have easily been avoided had this woman watched at least one episode of "The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air." Maybe we should all re-visit our beloved sitcoms of the 90's this week to avoid such occurrences in the future.