- Also Booty: Here’s Video of Iggy Azalea Dry-Humping Her Back-Up Dancers
- What the Jay-Z “Magna Carta” x Samsung Deal Means for the Future of Music
- Kanye West’s “Yeezus” Leaked, Let’s Start Talking About It
- This Week In Hype Podcast: “Born Sinner”, Scottie Pippen & 10 Minutes With Bauce Sauce
- Kanye vs. Cole vs Mac Miller, The Official RefinedHype Album Sales Predictions
Frank Ocean Releases His Half Amazing, Half “What The Hell Is This” Track “Pyramids” (Listen)Posted by Danielle Harling on 06/11/12 | Filed under Frank Ocean
It's been a minute since we last heard from Frank Ocean but over the weekend the singer hit us with a very lengthy, nine-minute track titled "Pyramids." Since Frank Ocean's songs have a tendency to grow on me I listened to "Pyramids" quite a few times before I formed a somewhat solid opinion. So I've come to the conclusion that the first part of the song leaves a lot to be desired while the second half is pretty dope.
I've been taught early on in life that "hate" is a strong word so I'll just say that I severely dislike the whole 80's vibe Ocean has going in the first four minutes of the song. I live in the year 2012 so if I want to hear something that sounds like it was pulled from the 80's I'll just hit the archives (a.k.a. YouTube). But that second half is classic Ocean. It's smooth yet it has a bit of uniqueness to it. Chop this track in half and make the second part its own song and we're good to go.
"Pyramids" will be featured on Ocean's "Channel Orange" album which is expected to be released mid-July.
See Also: Frank Ocean’s Got That “Whip Appeal” On His Newest Leak (Listen & Download)
Play Frank Ocean - Pyramids