- J. Cole’s Puts “Born Sinner” vs. Kanye West’s “Yeezus”: Stupid, or Stupid Like a Fox?
- Fails: Nicki Minaj Takes The Lap Dance To New Levels Of Awkwardness (Video)
- Internet Memes Gone Wrong: The Drake & Miguel Drop Kick Edition (Pics)
- Sweet Baby “Yeezus” Kanye Killed These SNL “Black Skinhead” & “New Slave” Performances
- Chief Keef Makes Less Money Than Your Average Orthodontist
Frank Ocean’s “Blue Whale” Has Random Written All Over It, But It’s Still Kinda Dope (Listen)Posted by Danielle Harling on 09/25/12 | Filed under Frank Ocean
On Frank Ocean's newest release, "Blue Whale," the Odd Future crooner indulges in a little spoken wordish rapping and the end result is hella interesting to say the least. But if you've grown accustomed to hearing Ocean's hypnotizing vocals you might be in for a bit of disappointment since the record features zero singing. That's right, no falsetto-fied vocals or hooks you can sing your heart out to in the shower.
With the backing of the record's mellow production, Ocean goes on to flaunt his "backpack rapper skills" as he dives head first into his melancholy rhymes. While it's interesting hearing Ocean spit a few bars, I think the addition of a little singing here and there would have made for a really dope record.
Also, kudos to Ocean and his superb mean-mugging skills featured in the picture above.
See Also: Frank Ocean Releases Mildly Creepy, But Mostly Amazing “Pyramids” Music Video