- J. Cole’s Puts “Born Sinner” vs. Kanye West’s “Yeezus”: Stupid, or Stupid Like a Fox?
- Fails: Nicki Minaj Takes The Lap Dance To New Levels Of Awkwardness (Video)
- Internet Memes Gone Wrong: The Drake & Miguel Drop Kick Edition (Pics)
- Sweet Baby “Yeezus” Kanye Killed These SNL “Black Skinhead” & “New Slave” Performances
- Chief Keef Makes Less Money Than Your Average Orthodontist
Discovering Charles Bradley & the Rebirth of SoulPosted by Nathan S. on 07/05/12 | Filed under QuickHits, Charles Bradley, E-TRAIN
With Twitter/Instagram/Facebook/Spotify/blogs/etc. we now have eleventy-billion ways to discover new music, but sometimes you still find a new favorite artist the old fashioned way. A friend played me E-TRAIN's "America" and I couldn't get past the sample. "Oh, that's Charles Bradley, you don't know about The Screaming Eagle?" my friend said.
Fast forward a couple weeks and I've got Bradley's "No Time for Dreaming" album on repeat in the house. Not only does the man have more soul than can possibly be contained in one body, he's got an amazing story that's been turned into a documentary.
There, maybe now you've discovered a new favorite artist too. Enjoy: