- What’s the Best Song Intro of All-Time?
- Mac Miller’s “Watching Movies With the Sound Off” Will Outsell Kanye & Cole on June 18
- The Black Hippy “U.O.E.N.O. (Remix)” is the Only “U.O.E.N.O. (Remix)” I Care About
- J. Cole’s Puts “Born Sinner” vs. Kanye West’s “Yeezus”: Stupid, or Stupid Like a Fox?
- Fails: Nicki Minaj Takes The Lap Dance To New Levels Of Awkwardness (Video)
J. Cole Hits Up Dubai, Paris, Birmingham & More To Tell His “Sideline Story” (Video Breakdown)Posted by Danielle Harling on 04/11/12 | Filed under Refined Video Picks, J. Cole, Video Breakdown
0:05 – Why do I get the sinking feeling that this video might just be a little on the depressing side?
0:10 – And just like that J.Cole hits us with the Kool-Aid smile. I take that last comment back.
0:17 – What is it about railings that makes them so “grab-able.”
0:37 – Looks like Cole just took a page from the boob signage book of Nicki Minaj.
1:12 – And that will probably be the most entertaining part of this video, ironing bread.
1:34 – I don’t think I’ve ever seen this many faces blurred in a music video before.
1:50 – What exactly is Dreamville? Does it only exist in J. Cole’s mind? Or is it an actual estate? Kinda like Neverland.
1:59 – That guy is way too hype. Maybe he thought he was attending an Odd Future show.
2:11 – Is that Uno? J. Cole just got a boatload of cool points for that.
2:43 – I bet he was giving them directions.
3:11 – I hate to break the fluidity of this video breakdown, but did J. Cole ever respond to Diggy?
3:27 – Abu Dhabi? Dubai? This guy is really getting around. And not in a Tupac/Digital Underground kinda way.
4:23 - While this video was a little on the dull side, I do think capturing J. Cole in various cities around the world was kinda dope.
See Also: Diggy Simmons Beefs With J. Cole, Protects His Sisters Honor On “What You Say To Me” (Listen)