- What’s the Best Song Intro of All-Time?
- Mac Miller’s “Watching Movies With the Sound Off” Will Outsell Kanye & Cole on June 18
- The Black Hippy “U.O.E.N.O. (Remix)” is the Only “U.O.E.N.O. (Remix)” I Care About
- J. Cole’s Puts “Born Sinner” vs. Kanye West’s “Yeezus”: Stupid, or Stupid Like a Fox?
- Fails: Nicki Minaj Takes The Lap Dance To New Levels Of Awkwardness (Video)
“Charles Hamilton is Back”! (Listen & Download)Posted by Nathan S. on 11/24/09 | Filed under Downloads, Charles Hamilton
Don’t call it a comeback…actually, feel free to call it a comeback. Charles Hamilton apparently is. Earlier this summer Charles Hamilton was riding high on a wave of hype that had some (most notably Charles Hamilton himself) proclaiming him to be one of the best rappers alive, but then alleged mental health issues prompted his label to shelve him in order to avoid some sort of Britney-esque public breakdown. Well the man’s apparently feeling fine because he just dropped the aptly-titled “Charles Hamilton is Back”, the first peep we’ve heard from Hamilton since June.
Now I’m not going to spend anytime on ridiculous “best rapper alive” claims, but I will say this: as “Charles Hamilton is Back” proves the man’s a once in a generation talent. His production on the track is ill, and his wordplay’s pretty damn good too: “I ain’t go off like analog TV, I am a boss, like Santa Claus 3-D.” I’m not really sure what that means, but it sounds dope. If he can, to put it frankly, keep his shit together Hamilton has the potential to be something truly special.
To get the comeback started now, listen to the track below.
Play Charles Hamilton - Charles Hamilton is Back