- What’s the Best Song Intro of All-Time?
- Mac Miller’s “Watching Movies With the Sound Off” Will Outsell Kanye & Cole on June 18
- The Black Hippy “U.O.E.N.O. (Remix)” is the Only “U.O.E.N.O. (Remix)” I Care About
- J. Cole’s Puts “Born Sinner” vs. Kanye West’s “Yeezus”: Stupid, or Stupid Like a Fox?
- Fails: Nicki Minaj Takes The Lap Dance To New Levels Of Awkwardness (Video)
B.o.B. Continues His Emo Rap Streak On “So Hard To Breathe” (Listen)Posted by Danielle Harling on 04/17/12 | Filed under B.o.B.
While I can appreciate B.o.B's "from nothing to something," "being rich and famous has its downfalls" commentary on "So Hard To Breathe" content-wise it's extremely similar to the last song he released, “Where Are You (B.o.B vs. Bobby Ray).” I can deal with emo, guitar-slinging B.o.B, but I'm not sure how much more emo rap I can take. And since “Where Are You (B.o.B vs. Bobby Ray)" was a bit on the depressing side I was really expecting his next release to be a little more upbeat.
If you can get past the whole "this sounds a lot like the last song he released" issue you'll find that B.o.B is doing some pretty impressive rapping on "So Hard To Breathe." While B.o.B sticks to rapping on the majority of the song he does switch over to singing for the hook. And it's kind of an interesting transition because the singing seems to mellow out the aggression in the song.
RELATED: CyHi The Prynce, Travis Porter & B.o.B Show Some “A-Town” Love (Listen & Download)