- J. Cole’s Puts “Born Sinner” vs. Kanye West’s “Yeezus”: Stupid, or Stupid Like a Fox?
- Fails: Nicki Minaj Takes The Lap Dance To New Levels Of Awkwardness (Video)
- Internet Memes Gone Wrong: The Drake & Miguel Drop Kick Edition (Pics)
- Sweet Baby “Yeezus” Kanye Killed These SNL “Black Skinhead” & “New Slave” Performances
- Chief Keef Makes Less Money Than Your Average Orthodontist
Asher Roth, Meek Mill & An Eddie Murphy Sample, This “Party Girl” Song Is Quite Interesting (Listen)Posted by Danielle Harling on 04/19/12 | Filed under Asher Roth, Meek Mill
Meek Mill and Asher Roth? You can't help but wonder who helped set up this pairing. I wasn't quite sure of what to expect with a song that features both Asher Roth and Meek Mill. It honestly sounds like a combination that could either go terribly wrong or be a bit on the genius side. On top of this already being a pretty unique pairing of artists "Party Girl" also samples Eddie Murphy and Rick James' "Party All The Time." A pretty bold move to say the least.
While Meek and Asher seem to fit together pretty well lyrically on "Party Girl" the chorus to the song is headachingly awful to say the least. I think there's a reason why "Party All The Time" should be left in the 1980's vault and only taken out for weddings or 80's themed proms. If the beat hadn't switched to something completely different for Meek and Asher's verses then I think this song would have been a goner.
Oh, and consider yourself very lucky if "Party All The Time" isn't stuck in your head for at least 35 minutes after hearing this song.
Nathan Update: Had to throw in the original as well, which has rightfully earned its spot as one of he worst videos of all-time.
See Also: Asher Roth Drops Off a Holiday Gift: “Pabst & Jazz” Mixtape (Listen & Download)