- Weekly Re-Up: Animated Tupac, Dr. Dre & Kendrick’s Pill & More
- Drake’s “Nothing Was the Same” Was the Album of 2013, Here’s Why…
- We Fixed It: What Rolling Stone Got Wrong on The Best Songs of 2013 List
- Because Booty: The Best of Vine Booty Videos
- Childish Gambino’s “Because The Internet” Album Leaked, Let’s Listen…
“4 Life” Proves Pill is More Slept on Than a Bottle of Ambien (Listen & Download)Posted by Nathan S. on 10/11/11 | Filed under Downloads, Pill
There may be no better example of that east coast bias in action right now than Pill. Yes, he's part of Maybach Music and spends his fair share of time next to Rick Ross stuntin' like Evel Knievel. (Rappers, feel free to use that reference in your rhymes.) But the man's also a legitimate emcee who can display both a powerful flow and serious lyricism - it's just that the east coasters hear that trap beat and their ears and minds shut off.
Pill's trap enough to go "HAM" and lyrical enough to deliver some serious "Thoughts", and new cut "4 Life" walks the line between those two styles perfectly. Don't get caught sleeping on the man.
Play Pill - 4 Life
THE BEST OF REFINED HYPE
RefinedHype on Twitter
Tweets by @refinedhype